Here are some tips for making the most out of your dollar!
1. Sign up for any drugstore or supermarket program, whether you are travelling or only visit a place 1-2x/month. One item was more than 30% more expensive without the rewards card! This can really add up!
2. Stock up on birthday freebies. Heyitsfree
has a good list, but the top birthday freebies for me are Sephora and Ulta-usually a free mascara from both! Sweet deal, and you don't have to spend any money to get a card or the freebie!
3. When getting extrabucks back, make sure you are working the angles! By this I mean, stack manufacturer's coupons, cashback, and a sale to get a low price. I got more than 15 Wet n Wild items for $8 during a great sale at Rite Aid (40%, then a cashback, and I had $8 worth of coupons I could use).
4. Use Bing search, sign up here
(note: referral link). It'll take about a month to get a $5 giftcard but hey every bit helps!
5. Use Retailmenot and search for promo codes whenever buying online, as well as signing up for their newsletters. I wanted to buy a specialty leather cleaning product, signed up for the online newsletter, and waited 3 days to get a 15% off offer! I got a Kate Spade business card holder for only $10 by combining a $10 off deal (through a 1st time newsletter signup) with a free shipping code from a specialty website.
Labels: free, free week