With the year wrapping up, I thought I would share a few things I have learned in 2014:
1. You can't wait for life to happen.
2. Don't take yourself too seriously.
3. Strangers can help you more than friends.
4. Thrift stores > Retail stores
5. If you don't appreciate what you have, how will "more" help?
6. "Effortless" outfits take a lot of work.
7. Giving great presentations is an immensely valuable art.
8. Everything goes on sale.
9. Learning to cook pays delicious dividends.
10. Home changes when you are gone.
"Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people ask, 'What's in it for me?'" - Brian Tracy
Labels: advice, Culture, lifestyle